It’s time we stop thinking about suicide as individual acts, and begin thinking about the health of the human race
The health of the human race is directly linked to its economic premise. It took way too long to for this grim assessment to make the headlines of a site such as forbes.com, but now that is just another fact right in our faces.
The humans were given the dominion over nature to precisely have the choice to escape animal predatory behaviors, but by choosing to behave like animals we have allowed our very choice to become “our curse”… our species is now in self-destruction mode.
Money will never – ever, never — make the world go round, it was always meant to take us here, where we are today, down that very path. Why? Simply because people cannot help themselves but follow the money. It is because we follow the money that corporations have ultimately grown around us. Money and power are inherent bedfellows.
Remember the metaphor of Jesus’ Temptation in the desert? The devil offered him anything he could ever have wanted, and Jesus always answered “no thanks”. Money (when used for profit seeking) twists all minds and destroys integrity, sooner or later. It just is a matter of time.
Think about it: because of money, we cannot even speak our hearts or we lose our jobs. It has always been so, so HOW could we ever expect transparency to win over. Forget about it.
Yes it took 4000 years to get there, for the aftermath to become obvious to all. The clock is ticking… do you hear it?
June 19, 2018
Only Overcoming The “Psychosis Of Success” And A “Revolution Of Values” Can Free The Human Experience
June 19, 2018
To Break Free From Being Commodities We Must Prepare For An Extreme Human Experience
June 7, 2018
What Is Greed… In ONE Sentence
JUN 15, 2018 @ 06:58 AM
Suicide Isn’t A U.S. Problem. It’s A Global Health Epidemic
- According to the CDC, the link between suicide and mental disorders—in particular, depression and alcohol use disorders—is well established in high-income countries like the U.S………..
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death globally for 15-29 year-olds, and at record breaking levels for students in high-income countries…..
- An alarming 78% of suicides occur in low- and middle- income countries. Moreover, it is estimated that around 30% of suicides in low- and middle-income countries are via self-poisoning via pesticides.
- The Japanese, despite being a very high income country and having a population less than half the size of the United States ( 126 million compared to the United States’ 275 million ), has the same number of suicides annually as the U.S…..
- In 2017, former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy asserted that loneliness was a growing health epidemic related to loss of life……….
The taking of one’s life is not a rich or poor problem, nor is it a cultural phenomenon. It is pervasive across every society and region of the world, and only getting worse. It’s time we stop thinking about suicide as individual acts, and begin thinking about the health of the human race…….
Feel free to debate this blog in our forum http://www.earthcustodians.net/forum/index.php?topic=105.0
Until a critical mass is reached (30% of population) donations via patreon, to help spread the word, are welcome https://www.patreon.com/earth_custodians_movement